|4.2 Jaguar E-Type|
|Two Plus Two|
|Left Hand Drive|
|Original||Saint Laurent Du Var|
16 more photos below ↓
Record Creation: Entered on 26 August 2009.
Database Updates: Show dataplate edits
Updated October 13th, 2016. Not legal proof of ownership.
Photos of 1R42148
Click slide for larger image. This car has 17 photos. (Dates are when image was uploaded.)
Exterior Photos (17)
Uploaded December 2018:
Uploaded October 2016:
Uploaded January 2013:
We now require an email address to leave a comment. Your IP will be recorded in an effort to reduce spam. (Report problem posts here.)
2009-08-25 22:29:22 | Joe Hine writes:
Car was bought by me this summer in pieces. Well preserved though, and will be reassembled. Has been off the road since 1979. 40,000 miles total.
2010-01-19 20:27:29 | Joe Hine writes:
Car was bought in pieces. It had been taken apart in 1979 and not worked on since.
2013-01-28 10:43:27 | Joe Hine writes:
Owned the car for almost four years now. Mechanically complete. Struggling with the wiring right now. Paint done. Interior needs completion. Doors need fitting and glass all needs to be installed.
2016-10-14 02:26:33 | Joe Hine writes:
Car has been complete and being driven for three years now. It has had normal teething problems but continues to run well and is a pleasure to drive.
2018-12-08 06:37:42 | Pekka T. writes:
Supposedly for sale on the French e-bay in December 2018, seller's description:
Vente terminée :
08 déc. 2018 15:24:18 Paris
Meilleure enchère :
44 900,00 EUR
[ 61 enchères ]
Le vendeur assume l'entière responsabilité de cette annonce.
Dernière mise à jour : 02 déc. 2018 20:34:28 Paris Afficher toutes les modifications
Caractéristiques de l'objet
État : Occasion : Commentaires du vendeur : “DON'T MISS IT !!! NO RESERVE AUCTION !!!” Type: Sportive, Coupé Durée garantie occasion: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty Année: 1970 Carnet d'entretien disponible: Oui Kilométrage: 70811 Puissance (ch DIN): 6 Cylinders Carburant: Essence Nombre de propriétaires précédents: Deuxième main Constructeur: Jaguar Nombre de portes: 2 Modèle: E-Type Nombre de places: 4 Couleur: Bleue Equipements de Confort: Sellerie cuir Boîte de Vitesse: Manuelle
NO RESERVE AUCTION !
PS: *This car is located in Saint Laurent Du Var, FRANCE. Welcome to international buyers, i can help with shipping.
*The last two pictures was taken during the restoration process. Much more are available, listing is limited to 12 pictures.
* You can WhatsApp/call my mobile number +33 6 38 37 79 95
This is definitely a great opportunity to own a matching numbers and completely restored 1970 Jaguar E-type, Series 2, 6 cylinders, Manual transmission and a very low and original 44k miles ( 70,811 KM):
- Well known history, it been specially ordered and delivered new in November 1969 to Mr. Donald Martin from New Brunswick, CANADA, who was the President/Owner of Nitram ltd operating in the Oil industry.
- Fully documented including the restoration invoices, original manufacture warranty issued in November 1969, original manual etc...
- This exceptional car has been driven only 40k miles since new until 1979 when it been put off the road and garaged in 1979.
- Discovered sleeping in a garage in 2009, the full restoration was completed in 2016 - Please see pictures and below the restoration description. (can provide many additional pictures from the restoration process).
- Completely rebuild Matching numbers engine ( 7R37748-9 ) and Manual transmission ( KJS2064 ).
- Superb and very desirable color combination, excellent mid-blue color paint job and very nice original interior in grey color.
- A real and 100% rust free E-type.
- Mechanically excellent, runs and drive perfect, transmission shift very smooth, it has actually 44,503 original miles and been driven 4k miles since restoration completed. The car NEVER overheats.
- Comes with the original full tools kit, jack, manual and spare tire.
During the restoration process everything been replaced that needed replacing, the list is long, i'm listing some of the works done:
- Engine was completely renewed with bearings, rings, valves, guides, lifters, oil pump, valve seals etc...
- Transmission rebuild.
- Both carburators been rebuild, new cooling fans.
- All the switches in the dash works
- New shocks, all new suspension rubbers, all new windows rubbers etc...
- Rebuild power steering system , new hoses, pump rebuild at Converty West etc..
- All new wiring including the wiring behind the dash and under the bonnet.
- Brakes are mostly news parts, calipers were all rebuild with new pistons, rotors are new, master cylinder is new, all flex lines are new.
- ALL the rubbers in the car is new
- WINDSHIELD is new
- It was stripped to bare metal inside and out and repainted. There is NO RUST in the sills or trunk areas.
- New ball joints top and bottom. New shocks front and rear.
- Mufflers are original
- The rear suspension was rebuilt with new bearings and rubber.
Many many more things to list....
*Comes with a clear European Union 846A registration document.
Do not hesitate to ask for more pictures, many more are available, i can also provide a video from the car.
You are welcome to come inspect this beauty in person.
It will be sold as-is and with a NO RESERVE Ebay's auction. Welcome to international buyers, can help with shipping.
Best is to text or WhatsApp my mobile +33 6 38 37 79 95 with any questions, you can also email or call.
Le 02-déc.-18 à 20:34:28 Paris, le vendeur a ajouté les informations suivantes :
Vin# or Chassis# P1R42148